Tiramisu crepe cake
If I had to get the best tiramisu crepe cake near me, I would definitely go to JK bakery and coffee shop in Chicago, USA, and treat myself to this heavenly dessert.
Tiramisu crepe tasty is an American dessert that is made with a rich, tasty coffee mascarpone filling wrapped in thin, delicate layers of crêpes that make an eye-catching and drool-inducing dessert. This tasty concoction makes use of crepes as a twist instead of the typical cake layer. It is also flavored with some kind of rum, liquor, or brandy. This can be eaten as brunch, dessert, or go-to snack for any occasion. The cake has an elegant and delicate finish. The crepes are filled with fluffy, sweet, whipped cream frosting with a hint of coffee. The cake is not much on the sweeter side. To add extra sweetness, it can be topped with chocolate syrup, maple syrup, or whipped cream.
Read Also: Birthday Cake Ideas – Some Important Facts
How to make tiramisu crepe cake?
Tiramisu crepe cake is easy if you carefully follow our tiramisu crepe cake recipe. This recipe encompasses stacking around 2 dozen thin, delicate crepes over tiramisu flavored thick mascarpone filling. The mascarpone is tinted with rich flavored espresso and traces of rum.
Tiramisu crepe cake recipe features:
- It is simple and basic, providing detailed instructions on how to make this delicacy.
- Provides a way to make a light and creamy cake.
- Makes use of rum. The cake is boozy as it has got traces of liquor, yet you can skip it altogether if you don’t want to use it.
- The recipe is best made early.
- Perfect in case you’re looking for a unique cake that does not use the ordinary cake sponge.
- The first and most important gadget to use is a blender. It is needed to brew a smooth, creamy batter because it combines the flour perfectly with the wet ingredients of the crepe. In case you don’t own a blender, use a whisk and a mixing bowl.
- It is convenient to use a special crepe pan but if you don’t have one, do not worry. A small 8-inch skillet will also do. If you have a bigger container or pan, you could use that too but be careful to keep the crepes sufficiently thin.
- You will need a basic, handy, offset Spatula for dispersing the filling.
- A fine, large, mesh trainer for sifting cocoa powder is essential.
- Also take a large-sized, round piping tip and a piping bag (reusable or disposable, up to you) to do the whipped cream topping.
- Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Course: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 8 individuals
- Total calories: 674-kilo calories
For the crepes:
- 8 large-sized eggs
- ¼ cup of espresso
- 5 cup of milk
- 5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated, white sugar
- Three tablespoons of rum or Bailey’s alcohol or liquor of your choice
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 8 ounce of mascarpone cheese (softened)
- 1 cup of heavy, whipping cream
- A small amount of cocoa powder for dusting
- 4 tablespoons of alcohol
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or a few vanilla beans
Method and Directions:
Make the crepes:
- Put all the crepe components or ingredients in a mixer blender and blend for roughly 1 to two minutes until the lumps present in the mixture are gone. Stop once or even twice in among to scrape the sides clean and even mix.
- Now place the blender in the fridge to cool for the maximum amount of time. Let it chill a minimum for 30 minutes or better overnight. Once it is sufficiently cooled, beat again with a whisk to remove any lumps that might have formed during the cooling process.
- In a 9-inch skillet, heat and melt half a teaspoon of butter on medium heat. Once it has softened, tilt the dish at about a 45-degree angle and pour around 2 tablespoons full of batter into it. Make sure to whirl the batter all around the base of the skillet to even out the crepe.
- Cook it just for around 45 seconds. After that, the edges will begin to turn a brilliant golden brown shade. At that point, flip and cook for an additional 15 seconds.
- Once it is done from both sides carefully transfer them to plates lined with a paper towel. Do the same with other crepes on medium heat, by dissolving ½ teaspoon of butter each time in the nonstick skillet. Proceed until all the batter has been consumed.
- Your crepes are ready. At this point, you can either proceed to cake assembling after cooling the crepes or store them in the icebox for a day or 2 by placing them in an airtight ziplock bag. Bring the frozen crepes to room temperature again before you start assembling the cake).
For the filling:
- Now to assemble the cake beat the heavy whipping cream until fluffy and soft. Further add rum, mascarpone cheese, and vanilla essence. Keep beating until it forms stiff peaks.
Assembling the Tiramisu crepe cake Chicago:
- In the center of a cake stand, place a crepe. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the fluffy cream mixture and spread, forming a thin layer. Place another crepe, add another layer of cream and proceed until all the crepes have been utilized, trying to end with a somewhat thicker layer of cream on top.
- Sprinkle with light, dusted cocoa powder, chill and serve!
Recipe Notes and tips:
- For best outcomes, allow the cake to set instead of serving immediately. Please put it in the fridge overnight. It will let the flavors blend nicely and enhance. It will also help crepes soften.
- This cake is ago to recipe for people who like lesser sugar as it isn’t excessively sweet. For additional sweetness complement it with chocolate syrup or heavy whipped cream!
- The cake’s filling and the topping have liquor. For a non-alcoholic version, skip it altogether. There is no need for a substitute. The cake will do equally well without it.
- Serving: 1
- Total calories: 674 kcal
- Fat: 43 grams
- Cholesterol: 274 milligrams
- Saturated Fat: 26 grams
- Protein: 16 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Calcium: 214 milligram
- Sodium: 239 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 49 grams
- Sugar: 18 grams
- Vitamin C: 1 milligram
- Potassium: 266 milligrams
- Vitamin A: 1599IU
- Iron: 3 milligram