Structured cabling seems to hold the future of data networks and large organizations. With so many advantages, technology is going places. It is fast becoming known, and businesses are eager to find access to this. Businesses and data centers require higher speed and safe transmission of data signals. Both these facilities, with many more in the box, are provided by the structured cabling. It has revolutionized the IT and networking infrastructure throughout the world. These cables come with some standards and substandard. This article is intended to explain the standards of structured cabling. Read the article to the full to have a clear idea of these standards.
What governs the structured cabling?
Certain strings hold the structured cabling so organized. You may call it the governing parts since they are important for the proper functioning of these cables. The way these cables are laid out and work so efficiently is the result of structured cabling standards. These standards are the governing body for a structured cable and must be taken care of during installation. Since the installation of structured cabling is a complex process, you need structured cabling companies in Dubai They know how to install it properly, taking care of all the necessary aspects.
Structured cablings standards explained:
The telecommunication Industry Association (TIA) defined the standards of structured cabling. There are two main standards of structured cabling, namely ANSI/TIA-568 and ISO/IEC 11801. These terms sound confusing but don’t worry. We will explain these standards in detail. Also, we will elaborate on how these standards are regulating the world of structured cabling.
What is ANSI/TIA-568?
The ANSI/TIA-568 is a set of standards tossed by the TIA. These standards are responsible for the functioning and responsibility of a structured cable. The compatibility of structured cables must be ensured to make it work properly. An ANSI/TIA standard ensures that compatibility. There are certain requirements for installing a structured cable, and these requirements are encapsulated in the 568 standards. Since a structured cable is installed inside a building or a campus, the proper functioning must be ensured.
Goals of ANSI/TIA-5648 standard:
The structured cabling is installed in a campus or building for several purposes. Since they cater to almost every sector’s needs, they have different roles to perform in different circumstances. Following are some of the goals that this standard tends to ensure.
- Installation requirements: This standard tends to portray all the information and requirement needed for installation. This information and instructions must be followed to keep the structured cabling up and running. With a delicate but organized structure, these cables are not easy to install.
- Balanced wire components: The ANSI/TIA 568 D2 defines the components required for a balanced wiring system. The standard has several points, with each point defining different points.
- Performance: The ANSI/TIA-568 standard sees to the better and proper functioning of structured cabling. It ensures the performance of a structured cable inside a building or campus.
- Compatibility: Another point that is covered by this standard is the compatibility of the cable. Since structured cables are designed to cater to different industries’ needs, every industry should install the right cable type.
- Major parts: Several parts of structured cabling installation falls under this standard. These parts are installation of cable, testing the cable and distancing of the cables. All these parts are associated with the installation phase.
What is ISO/IEC 11801 standard?
The second type of standard is ISO/IEC 11801. This standard is the international standard for managing IT and data centers around the globe. There needs to a standard that standardizes and regulates the cabling system inside a network system. That regulation is provided by ISO/IEC 11801 standard, along with standardization. Since this is an international standard, it is reviewed every five years to make possible amendments.
Goals of ISO/IEC 11801standard:
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) organized the standard. It is an international standard that should be followed around the globe. This standard is intended to cover some points which are discussed in the coming lines.
- General requirements: Since structured cabling is used widely in buildings, this standard defines the general requirements. General requirements like cable type, connection type and connector types are covered in this section.
- Specifications: This section also covers the general specifications for different cables like fiber optic and copper wire. The structured cabling companies in Dubai know all these specifications and requirements. These companies must be consulted before installing a structured cable in your building or campus.
Why hire professional companies for installation?
Structured cabling installation is a tough ask, and you can’t do it on your own. Certain points must be taken into account before installation. By hiring a professional company, you ensure all the necessary parts are taken care of.