Employees are labeled as a company’s most valuable asset; therefore, compromising employee healthcare is nowhere acceptable. With various digital devices coming into the picture and increasing a person’s average screen time, eye care has become a significant concern for everyone.
While physical fitness awareness and personality grooming have lately gained the spotlight, eye care is often overlooked.
Specsavers Corporate Eyecare’s latest report reveals that 89% of the employees consider eye care as essential as any other benefit granted for employee healthcare.
Why is Eye Care plan in Employee Healthcare important?
Eyecare is an issue to consider when eyes contribute more than 80% in perceiving the information. In the age of digitalization, it gets essential to keep a check on your employees’ health. Eyes are very sensitive organs and, thus, eye care is a vital component for employee healthcare. The following reasons would justify why an employer should consider eye care as a critical aspect of the employee healthcare package:
- Expands profitability: Staff with healthy and fit visual perception can make a massive difference in the organization’s work and progress. Healthy employees are more focused and fit to deliver better yields or results. Therefore, regular eye tests of the employees help keep a check on their overall health and fitness.
- Improve work performance: A complete yearly employee check-up is fundamental to know about the employees’ eye well-being. This will help identify the medical conditions (if any) early and save employees from serious medical problems. Further, a fitness certificate would make a positive impact on the physiology of the employees.
Also, employees’ good health helps them enhance their performance, thereby contributing to the organization’s progress. It also gives them a sense of belongingness and value in the organization.
- Satisfaction and Profitability: According to the Aflac 2019 report, approximately 70 percent of employees have shown more job satisfaction than the employees who are not signed up for wellness programs. Healthy employees are more focused and fit to deliver better yields or results. Staff with healthy and fit visual perception can make a massive difference in the organization’s work and progress. Therefore, regular eye tests of the employees help keep a check on their overall health and fitness.
- Improve work performance
A complete yearly employee check-up is fundamental to know about the employees’ eye well-being. This will help identify the medical conditions (if any) early and save employees from serious medical problems. As per the Aflac 2018 report, increased productivity is the principal goal for employers in these wellness programs.
The good health of employees helps them enhance their performance, thereby contributing to the organization’s progress. Further, a fitness certificate would make a positive impact on the physiology of the employees. It also gives them a sense of belongingness and value in the organization.
- Offer value for cash: Health and productivity share a direct relationship. At an exceptionally minimal cost, the full eye check-ups of employees could be a business-oriented strategy to gain their confidence. This approach will benefit both the employees and the company by boosting the employees’ morale and productivity.
An increase in productivity will directly reflect in the company’s sales and success. It is revealed in a survey that if a company keeps its employee’s health in check, it increases its sales and businesses by 50% or more.
- Lifts worker confidence in the work environment: Corporate employees’ regular eye check-up flags to the workers that their employer is concerned about their health. Including the eye check-up expenses in the employee healthcare packages builds confidence and trust in the employees, inspiring them to work with more commitment.
- Decreases employees leaves:
A healthy and fit employee will not ask for medical leaves. There are a lot of medical conditions that can be recognized early with a thorough eye check-up. Apart from checking the vision, a regular eye check-up can help identify the condition of cataracts, lazy eye, dry eye, optic neuritis, and other illnesses. It will benefit both the employees and the organization from the consequences of the medical conditions.
- High retention rate
Employees prefer to work in those organizations that take care of their well-being along with providing growth opportunities. It assures them of a protected and positive workspace and the fact that their personal and professional well-being will be taken care of by the company.
As part of employee healthcare, eye care is now a considerable concern in this digital world. Ignoring the annual employee healthcare check-up would only overlook several medical issues that could have been easily pre-diagnosed. Any delay in getting the right medical help has its consequences, which will have to be borne equally by the employer and the employees.
Now that technology has advanced and everything is becoming digitalized, we spend a significant share of our time on mobiles, laptops, and computers. Even in corporate spaces, an employee spends 6-8 hours being glued to a laptop or computer screen while performing daily chores. Due to this high screen-time exposure, the overall employee healthcare is getting affected.
Effective eye care can help highlight and screen many diseases, like high blood pressure and illnesses, which affect the eyes and the entire body. Proper care and eye-checkups will reduce the chances of visual deficiency and keep a check on various eye illnesses and vision misfortunes. So, a regular check-up of employees is always advisable so that they are fit to work.
Every corporate employee needs to get a thorough eye check-up done as a part of an employee healthcare program every once in a while. Keeping your screen at arm’s distance, sitting in a good posture, proper lighting in the work area will reduce any mishappening.
Just limiting the screen time won’t help; make sure you have adjusted your device brightness, contrast, text size, and color temperature. Taking a break from the screen and focusing on distant objects can also help keep your eyes healthy at the workplace.
Some companies have turned towards CWO (Chief Wellness Officer) to assure their employees’ well-being, and several are investing in healthcare benefits for their employees. If you are not sure about these benefits, it’s time to gain confidence by offering comprehensive employee healthcare packages which are available at an affordable packages.