Duplicate Photos? Ugh! The most space hogging elements on your computer and the most hassling process to remove. Well, if you are looking for a solution, we are here to help.
Do you have a computer cluttered with a lot of duplicate photos? If yes, you need to clean it up for better and faster performance. A slow performing or lagging PC can be a result of unwanted files stored on your computer. If you save everything on your computer’s local storage, this might hit you hard when you find that your computer’s storage space is almost full and you have several duplicates to find and remove from your device. These duplicate files include music files, videos, photos, and similar data. In this article, we will explain the methods to get rid of duplicate photos on your computer.
How To Find and Remove Duplicate Photos On Windows Computer?
When your computer is performing slow due to space-hogging duplicates, you need to fix it there and then. Removing such data is not hassling but the process to locate them from the tens of thousands of files is challenging and hectic. Worry not, we have you covered here.
Ways To Find Duplicate Photos Using Windows Explorer
Windows Explorer has always been a feature-packed Windows 10 utility wherein you get the option to easily find duplicates and remove them to free up space on your computer. To use Windows Explorer to find and remove duplicate photos, keep these pointers in mind:
- Change View: This filter can be used to view files and data stored on your computer using different viewing options including Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, Medium Icons, Small Icons, List, Details, Tiles, & Content. This option helps you sort data and determine duplicates if any. Select them all and press Shift+Delete to permanently remove them from your computer.
- Group by and Sort by: This is yet another way to sort your huge database. The manual shifting of duplicate photos on your system is not easy. So, to make the process simpler, you can choose to either Group by or Sort by options to arrange data based on Name, Date Modified, Type, Size, Ascending, Descending, or other categories.
- Search Feature: If you know the extension of the possible duplicates, you can use the search box located at the top right corner of the Windows Explorer. For instance, type in .jpg to look for duplicates with this particular extension. This will ease the process and you can easily remove duplicate photos stored on your device.
If still some of the duplicates are left, you can use File Explorer’s Advanced Search option. Wondering how to use it? Well, it is simple just like you used the search feature above. But, there are a few additional steps you need to consider before heading towards deleting duplicate photos on Windows 10. To find duplicate photos using this search option, follow these steps:
- On your Windows Explorer, head to Search box and type in a file extension or file name to find out duplicates.
- Once you press Enter key after typing in the search extension.
- You’ll then see Search tab as an option in the Windows Explorer.
- Tap on it for more options and click on Advanced options.
- From the drop down menu, choose different customizable filters to find specific photos.
- Also, you can use the Kind option and other available options to do extensive and thorough check for duplicate photos on Windows 10.
This is an amazing way to find duplicate images and other files located on windows.
Doesn’t Have Time For Manual Sorting! Now What?
If you are looking for a quick fix for a speedy cleaning of the duplicate photos on your computer, you can get it done using an advanced duplicate finder and remover tool for wondows . We, hereby, recommend using Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro on your Windows computer. This amazing Windows utility helps you detect duplicate photos from inside out of your computer. Not only this, Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro not only looks for duplicates but also looks for similar or identical looking images and you can clean them up all at once within a fraction of second. Here’s how to use this amazing utility on Windows:
- Download and Install Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro from the link below.
- Launch the file and on the home screen you’ll have to choose the folder(s) and click on Scan for Duplicates.
- You can also choose to manually add photos or folders to this duplicate finder tool.
- Wait for the tool to identify and locate duplicate photos on your computer. It will then list down the available duplicates.
- You can either choose manually or you can choose to Auto Mark the duplicate keeping the original one unchecked.
- Then, click on Delete Marked.
This will permanently delete the duplicate photos from your computer. Moreover, this amazing utility is available for Windows, Mac, and iOS. Download it today on your device for a smoother cleaning process.
So, in this article we have covered the best ways including both manual and automatic to find or scan for duplicate photos on your computer and remove them with ease. Check out these amazing methods and clean up storage space on your device. Also, ensure that you keep in mind that saving everything on Desktop or the Downloads folder will undertake a lot of space on your computer. Therefore, always save any images or files in their specific locations so that you can find them easily as and when required.
How do you find duplicate files on your computer? Do let us know in the comments section below. Also, drop us a note for any queries or suggestions.