How to fix Error Copying File Or Folder Unspecified Error in Windows 10
Copying the files or folders has always been very easy for all the users ever since. But now with the new update of Windows, 10 people are facing problems while copying the files as well. During this problem, the users are getting an error message which is unspecified whenever they try to copy a file or folder. The major reasons behind such messages are that they come when the files are unregistered. As many people are struggling through this problem the solution is right in front of you here now.
Firstly the reasons behind such problems may be:
Try to copy paste different files at that time if you are facing the issue of an error message on any one file or folder. If you can copy-paste the other file then note down that your previous file was facing a problem.
A reboot of a device can also fix this issue (fix Error Copying File Or Folder Unspecified Error) the first time. Try doing the copy-paste again after it and ensure whether the error is repeatedly coming or not.
Disable the antivirus of your device and try to copy-paste your files or folders again.
Steps to fix error copying file or folder unspecified error in windows 10:
- Press the windows keys on your keyboard along with R to start running.
- Type cmd on the run bar and press ctrl+shift+enter simultaneously and click on Yes to permit the user account control.
- A command prompt window will open in front of you. Copy-paste those specific commands and enter for further execution in each.
- Close the command prompt window.
- Reboot your device again and try to copy-paste the file again.
You can check whether the error is still there or not. If the error has gone then you are free to copy-paste the file again and if it is still there there is another option to fix Error Copying File Or Folder Unspecified Error it which is as follows:
- Right-click on the file or folder which is experiencing the error while copy-pastes and click on the properties option.
- A new tab will be opened in front of you having 4 sections and select the security section on it.
- While the security option will be opened click on the edit option to change the further permissions.
- Under the group or user names in the security, section selects the accurate administrative account that you are using.
- After that in the permissions for administrators, the box checks the boxes for proceeding for permissions.
- At last click on apply and ok to save changes on your device.
- Check the possibility of copy-paste again if it’s the same or not.
There is yet another way of fix Error Copying File Or Folder Unspecified Error if this doesn’t work and that’s as follows:
- Right-click on the file or folder that is causing the problem and click on “Send to” and click on the “compressed folder.”
- Now try copy paste again in the zipped folder this time instead of the original one.
- Check again whether the issue (fix Error Copying File Or Folder Unspecified Error) has been resolved or not and check the next method accordingly.
- Press Windows key+R simultaneously for launching Run.
- Type “windows defender” on the run bar and press enter.
- Windows security will then be launched on the system.
- Now on the windows security window click on the “Virus and threat protection” option which will be seen as the first option only.
- In virus and threat protection settings you will see real-time protection on so just go and switch it to off.
- Reboot your device at last and try to copy-paste the file or folder again.
Still, if you are facing the problem here is another method of fix Error Copying File Or Folder Unspecified Error to work on it too
- Press the Windows key and E key simultaneously. File explorer will be opened.
- Then go to This PC will be below on the left side. You will be able to see all the drives there.
- Right-click on the destination drive. Then click on the format to start formatting the drive.
- Select NTFS under the file system, option (default).
- Click on start and the formatting process will be started.
- As the formatting is over click on close.
Reboot your device again and recheck whether the issue (fix Error Copying File Or Folder Unspecified Error) is still there or not.
If this method doesn’t work another method fix Error Copying File Or Folder Unspecified Error is on its way:
- Start running by clicking the windows key and R simultaneously. Type cmd on the run bar and press ctrl shift+ enter simultaneously. User account control will then be permitted.
- A command prompt window will then be opened with administrative rights.
- Type the commands one by one there and click the enter button for their execution.
- Replace the X with the drive letter of your write-protected hard drive.
- The device and check the error again.
So these are some of the methods that you can use to resolve to fix Error Copying File Or Folder Unspecified Error. Follow the steps carefully and your issues will be resolved easily with just a few clicks. The Requested Resource Is In Use is another error that you may come across when you try to copy or move a file or folder on your computer. It is quite a bit different from the one which we have described above. Follow the link for more information on the error.
Hope it helps.
Thanks for reading!