In EPSON printers, the print head is the part that is responsible for printing and is located in the printer. On it, we usually install the ink cartridges.
Sometimes it can happen that despite having the cartridges loaded with enough ink, the printer does not print, or it does it badly, or it takes a blank page. Suppose you are facing a problem like the Epson Printer Problems Not Printing. Just follow the following steps.
Ink levels in EPSON printer
Several reasons may be causing our printer not to be able to print, even though the levels show ink:
The ink levels displayed by EPSON Status Monitor are approximate. The printer may be telling us that there is ink left, and in reality, there is no ink left inside the cartridge. It is likely if we see an ink level below 1/3 on the gauge.
The print head nozzles may be clogged. It will be a very likely option if we haven’t used the printer for a long time. To solve it, we will have to clean the print head.
When installing the new cartridges in the printer, we forgot to remove the yellow seal from the cartridges:
- Check your printer connection Epson printer won’t connect to wifi
For wireless printers, make sure the Internet is working well.
Also, make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as the device.
For USB-connected printers, make sure that the cables are correctly connected to the ports. Change the USB port to see if there are any changes.
Cleaning the print head of an Epson printer
If the printhead is not cleaned correctly, the Epson printer may not print. The printhead may become clogged due to low printer usage. The printhead must be cleaned to print. All printers have built-in tools for cleaning printheads, so you don’t have to worry about this. To clean the printhead, follow these steps:
Clean the printhead of the Windows operating system
Put plain paper in the tray.
- Search for and open the Control Panel in the search box on the taskbar.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Select a device and printer from the Windows 10 Control Panel item
- Right-click on the Epson printer and select Print Settings from the Options menu.
- Right-click on an Epson printer that does not print and select the Windows 10 print settings option
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click the Maintenance tab in Epson Printer Settings
- Then click Head Cleaning.
- Click Head Cleaning in Epson Printer Maintenance
- Then click Start.
- Click Start to clean the HeadHead and fix the Epson printer not printing.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Clean MacOS printheads
- Put plain paper in the tray.
- Go to your macOS desktop.
- Click the Apple menu to go to System Preferences.
- Click Apple menu and System Preferences on Mac
- Click Printers and Scanners.
- Click the Printers & Scanners option in Mac System Preferences
- Then click Printers, and then click Options and Consumables.
- Click on an unprinted Epson printer, then click on Mac Options and Consumables
- Click the utility tab, then click Open Printer Utility.
- Click the utility tab to open the Printer Utility on your Mac
- Then click Head Cleaning.
To fix an Epson printer that does not print on your Mac, click Head Cleaning in the Printer Utility.
Set Epson printer as default printer
If you have multiple printers installed, you must set the Epson printer as the default, or the epson 0xf1 will not work. Follow these steps to set the Epson printer as your computer’s default
- Click Start and select Windows 10 settings
- Click the Printers and Scanners menu item.
- Go to Devices> Printers & Scanners.
- Select an Epson printer from the list of printers and click the Manage option.
- Click Epson Printer and then click the Manage option
- Then click the Set as Default button.
- Click the Set as Default button to fix an issue where the Epson printer does not print
Note: If you do not see the Set as the Default option, clear the Let Windows manage the default printer check box. This is the screen clip shown below.