If the Canon G1200 G2000 G2100 G2200 G3200 printer displays the 5B00 error code, it means that the waste ink pad absorber is already full. If the error occurs multiple times, you do not need to replace the ink pad absorber, but you should reset the counter to 0% before using the printer again.
Anyone who owns or uses a Canon MFP can run into the 5B00 error code at some point in the printer. This problem was previously unpredictable and has plagued many printer users whenever this error occurred.
With error 5b00 canon g2000, Canon technicians recommend to users a general solution to this problem. This recommendation is like turning the printer off and then on. However, some more robust solutions have been found, including the operation of printer heads.
Cause of error 5B00:
If the paper is printed and the ink is empty with the cartridge empty, a printer error will occur.
According to Canon, it is also due to foreign cartridges that the printer cannot handle. Cleaning and checking the printhead can help resolve this error. However, you should keep in mind that the printhead can be damaged, and the warranty can be voided, so it will only be fixed if the printer is no longer guaranteed.
Solution 1: (put the printer in service mode)
Calculate where the STOP button is. The printer hides all buttons very conveniently. However, if you look closely, you can see the square. The stop button is near the error light (it is shown in orange because there is an error you are trying to fix).
- Turn off the printer.
- Press and hold the power button. Press and hold.
- Wait about 2-3 seconds, and the blue light will come on.
- Press the STOP button 6 times. Each time you press it, the light will change from orange to blue. After the 6th time, the blue LED should light up.
- Release the power button.
- The blue light will start blinking for a while. If the printer decides to do head cleaning first, this can be as little as 5 seconds or even 1 minute …
- Eventually, the blue light will stay on. The main screen will be BLANK. This is the service mode.
- Connect the printer to your computer via USB.
Solution 2: (Reset ink absorber to 0%)
Download and launch the servicetool.exe program. Search Google for “Service Mode Tool Version 1.050” or Service_tool_v3400. You can see that all buttons and features are enabled. If they are all gray, the printer is locked because the printer is not connected to your computer.
- Options, ink absorption counters, and counter values are displayed. Ensure that the counter value is set to 0%, and then press the [Set] button. A message is displayed stating that the function has finished. If you receive an error message, the printer was not in service mode.
- Turn off the printer.
- Press and hold the Stop / Reset button.
- Press and hold the “Power” button
- Hold down the Power button and release the Stop / Reset button.
- Hold down the Power button and press the Stop / Reset button twice.
- Release the “Power” button
- Wait for the “inactive” message to appear. It takes about 60 seconds.
- When “Idle” appears, open the top cover to expose the cartridge.
- Lift the cartridge holder cover to remove the black and color cartridges.
- Replace the cartridge holder cover and turn off the printer.
- Replace the top cover and power cycle the printer.
- Return the cartridge after initializing the printer.
- Step 1: Turn off the Canon printer
- Step 2: Press and hold the stop button or reset the lock
- Step 3: Hold down the Stop or Reset button and press the On or Off button. This will turn off the printer and try again.
- Step 4: First, you need to remove the stop/reset latch and tap it again several times in a row. Also, hold the on / off latch firmly when doing this
- Step 5: Release all the keys you were pressing and hold them down until you see Lay on the screen.
- Step 6: Touch the stop / reset latch 5 more times in a row, and finally press the on/off latch several times quickly on all sides.
If you try the solution step by step and the Canon printer still shows the error, contact Canon Technical Support to correct the printer error.