EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EBOOK PUBLISHING
We live in the age of electronics. From eCommerce, eBanking, eTickets, and the list go on. People are now more comfortable doing everything online. People consider it more convenient to buy, shop online, or even read online without wasting their time going out and head them in traffic. People now can easily find the digital version of books available in hard copy. In this article, we will talk all about eBooks:
WHAT IS AN EBOOK
In simple, an eBook is an electronic book. More precisely, the digital format of a book. An eBook is a non-editable book that can be easily read on any digital device such as computer screens or mobile devices. eBooks are always uploaded in an uneditable format so that no changes can occur after it. Thousands of people have access to the digital book; they can potentially change any content without the author’s permission.
So, to qualify as an actual eBook, the text should be uneditable. Electronic books should be reflowable; it will fill any screen size from which you view the book.
In recent years, eBook publishing has become more and more popular. Check out the whole thing you need to know about eBook publishing:
ALL ABOUT EBOOK PUBLISHING
- Writing an eBook in the series makes it easier to sell more books. For long term reader loyalty, write longer books in series, where each book has closure but still has enough suspense that hooks readers and make them read more.
- eBook publishing must be your priority. eBook publishing is cheaper. You can sell at a low price and reach more readers. Lots of eBook publishing company promote your work. Authors can also self-publish their work on different platforms.
- Upload your eBooks on Amazon. Amazon is the biggest platform for selling eBooks. You can also sell eBooks on various platforms such as iTunes, Kobo, and many others. Amazon may also charge a fee.
- There are lots of eBook publishing company that you can use for publishing your eBook.
- The prices of both print books and electronic books are different.
- Promoting an eBook is not a one-time thing. Promote your book on a different platform as much as possible.
- Even if you are affiliated with eBook publishers, you should also promote your website on your account.
- The benefit of eBooks is that you can change, fix, and reupload your eBook.
PLATFORMS FOR EBOOK PUBLISHING
1. AMAZON KDP
Amazon KDP is the most popular site for writers to sell and publish eBooks on. At Amazon KDP, you can sell your book to millions of readers. KDP allows you to select 90 days exclusive digital distribution deal. In return, your eBooks will be available on the Kindle library. Most eBook publishers use Amazon to sell their books. You have to create an account on the Amazon site and upload your work on it.
Smash word is one of the oldest publishing sites with a large reach. Smash word was introduced in the competition with Draft2Digital by author Mark Coker in 2008. It allows an eBook publisher to distribute their work to small retailers and different networks of the library. Smash words might be distributed to lots of sites but not as huge as Draft2Digital.
It is on second ranking as the best eBook publisher’s site, recommended by many famous authors. Draft2Digital distributes your eBook on KOBO, iBook, and other stores. For your information, they charge 15% of everything you make from an eBook. If you ask for my recommendation, I prefer Draft2Digital over others as it is a very easy to use interface.
4. APPLE iBook AUTHOR
iBook is a gateway to publish books in the Apple book store. It comes with free software to help you design your eBook with illustrations. If you publish an ebook using iBook, it can only be sold on Apple book stores. For this platform, you need a Mac system. If you don’t own one, a better option for getting an ebook is Smash words. iBook author only accepts iBook format, PDF, or a basic text file and not an EPUB.
EBook publishing is changing fast with new formats and services. In short, using quality content, make information entertaining and captivating for readers, and choose the proper platform to publish it. In this way, you can drive many new readers. You can turn your eBook into a revenue-generating machine. An eBook is the best way to stand out in the digital world. An eBook that adds value to readers’ time, generates sales and revenue for the author. It is the way of reaching readers in the digital world.
Use proper platforms or take help from an eBook publishing company to promote your electronic books. Hope this article solves your problems related to eBook publishing.